Plant Fair - Saturday May 14, 2016, 10am - 2pm
For beginning and sophisticated gardeners: choice plants, the “Green Elephant” sale, herbs and hard-to-get perennials from select GTA nurseries and member’s own gardens—all at the best prices in town! Bring your questions, we’ll bring our experts!
The Plant Fair location has moved to Roncesvalles United Church 214 Wright Ave, Toronto, On M6R 1L3.
Some of the new features and old highlights of the Plant Fair are:
- Membership Information.
- Plants: Divisions from member’s own gardens, and houseplants—all at the best prices in town!
- Nursery selections from Connon and Humber Nurseries—interesting annuals, grasses, natives, and hard-to-get perennials; and from Urban Harvest—a selection of herbs, heirloom vegetables and perennials.
- Displays about our Hort sponsored gardens.
- Vendors and Info: Urban Harvest (seeds and plants), Garden Ornaments, Roncyworks, Leaf.
- Arts and Crafts: Liz Tudor Mulrony (watercolours) and Indigo Scarves.
- Green Elephants: A garden flea market of White Elephants. Lots of interesting items turn up here. Please contact us prior to the Plant Fair if you have items to donate.
- Refreshments: The Hort Café offers hot coffee tea, and tasty home baked treats.
- Plant Park: If your arms are full ‘park’ your plants with our plant minders and continue to browse.
- Gardening Experts: Ask your questions because they have the answers.
- Gloves: These durable, well-fitting gloves are very popular with our members.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Mosser, 24 Abbott Avenue, near Bloor W. and Dundas (416-769-0436)
OR bring them to the Church on Friday May 13 between 6:30 and 8:00pm.
- Set-up on Friday evening, May 13th, 6-9pm, and for the fair itself on Saturday the 14th.
- Post-fair volunteers are especially appreciated. Put your name down for cleanup from 1:30–4pm on Saturday.
- Help dig plants in members’ gardens.
- Pick up plants in your car from members and deliver them to a drop-off location between May 7 and May 13th.
- Pick up plants in your car from a drop-off location; deliver them to the church on Friday evening May 13th.
- Do you have Green Elephants to donate and would you like them picked up?
- Will you bake some treats for the Refreshment table?