For beginning and sophisticated gardeners: choice plants, the “Green Elephant” sale, herbs and hard-to-get perennials from select GTA nurseries and member’s own gardens—all at the best prices in town! Bring your questions, we’ll bring our experts!
Plant Fair, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 10:00am - 1:30pm
The Plant Fair is held at the Parkdale Public School and Community Centre (in the gym), located at 78 Seaforth Avenue. To download the Plant Fair Poster, click here.
Some of the new features and old highlights of the Plant Fair are:
- Membership Information.
- Plants: Divisions from member’s own gardens, and houseplants—all at the best prices in town!
- Nursery selections from Connon and Humber Nurseries—interesting annuals, grasses, natives, and hard-to-get perennials; and from Urban Harvest—a selection of herbs, heirloom vegetables and perennials.
- Displays about our Hort sponsored gardens.
- Arts and Crafts Sale: Botanical Artist Elizabeth Tudor-Mulroney, will be showing her work. Clare Scott-Taggart of Rusty Girl has been designing and making practical and pretty plant supports, birdbaths, obelisks and trellises for the past twenty years in her west-end studio and will bring some of these to the sale. Christine Moore of Lavender Stuff, will be selling dried lavender and her books. Oksana of occudesign os showing indigo dyed scarves and plantable greeting cards.
- Green Elephants: A garden flea market of White Elephants. Lots of interesting items turn up here. Please contact us prior to the Plant Fair if you have items to donate.
- Refreshments: The Hort Café offers hot coffee tea, and tasty home baked treats.
- Plant Park: If your arms are full ‘park’ your plants with our plant minders and continue to browse.
- Gardening Experts: Ask your questions because they have the answers.
- Gloves: These durable, well-fitting gloves are very popular with our members.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Mosser, 24 Abbott Avenue, near Bloor W. and Dundas (416-769-0436)
OR bring them to the Parkdale School gym on Friday May 22 between 6:30 and 8:00pm.
- Set-up on Friday evening, May 22, 6-9pm, and for the fair itself on Saturday.
- Post-fair volunteers are especially appreciated. Put your name down for cleanup from 1:30–4pm on Saturday.
- Help dig plants in members’ gardens.
- Pick up plants in your car from members and deliver them to a drop-off location between May 10 and May 22.
- Pick up plants in your car from a drop-off location; deliver them to the community centre on Friday evening May 22.
- Do you have Green Elephants to donate and would you like them picked up?
- Will you bake some treats for the Refreshment table?