For beginning and sophisticated gardeners: choice plants, the “Green Elephant” sale, herbs and hard-to-get perennials from select GTA nurseries and member’s own gardens—all at the best prices in town! Bring your questions, we’ll bring our experts!
Plant Fair, Saturday, May 31, 2014, 10:30am - 1:30pm
The Plant Fair is held at the Parkdale Public School and Community Centre (in the gym), located at 78 Seaforth Avenue.
The highlights will include:
- Connoisseur’s Table: offering plants aimed primarily at Hort members or experienced gardeners looking for the out-of-the-ordinary.
- Green Elephants: basically, White Elephants that are gardening related. Lots of interesting items turn up here. Please contact us prior to the Plant Fair if you have items to donate.
- Nursery Selections: from Connon and Humber—herbs, annuals, and hard-to-get perennials.
- Divisions: plants from member’s own gardens—all at the best prices in town!
- Refreshments: Hot coffee and tasty brownies or other home baked treats.
- Plant Park: if your arms are full ‘park’ your plants with our plant minders and continue to browse.
- Garden Tour: tickets for the June 9 tour in the Swansea area of Brûlé Gardens and Riverside Drive.
- Ontario Master Gardeners: ask your questions because they have the answers.
- Praying Mantis: hatch the egg cases to raise mantids that will eat the bad bugs in your garden.
- Membership and Hort Information
- Gloves: these durable, well-fitting gloves are very popular with our members.
- Urban Harvest: a selection of herbs, heirloom vegetables and perennials.
- Botanical Artists of Canada: original, one-of-a-kind watercolour botanical paintings.
- Set-up on Friday evening, May 30, 6-9pm, and for the fair itself on Saturday.
- Post-fair volunteers are especially appreciated. Put your name down for cleanup from 1:30–4pm on Saturday.
- Help dig plants in members’ gardens.
- Pick up plants in your car from members and deliver them to a drop-off location between May 10 and May 30.
- Pick up plants in your car from a drop-off location; deliver them to the community centre on Friday evening May 30.
- Do you have Green Elephants to donate and would you like them picked up?
- Will you bake some treats for the Refreshment table?