About Us

The Horticultural Societies of Parkdale and Toronto were founded in 1987 and 1834 respectively, and merged in 1988. Together with the Parkdale Society we continue a tradition of public beautification in central Toronto. Highlights over the last 175 years include: the development of the Horticultural Gardens in 1858 (known today as Allan Gardens); the encouragement of gardening in schools; and the evolution of the Hort’s community garden projects.

The Society is an affiliate of the Ontario Horticultural Association and is a not-for-profit public service organization recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs.